Saturday, September 29, 2007

R.I.P. "Slinky" - Gone But Not Forgotten


I'm happy to report that Slinky has been captured and....how do I say this delicately.....disposed of. Darren went downstairs this morning and I heard him yell for me to come and bring the shovel. Slinky had slithered from under the pool table and he had him pinned with the hoe but couldn't chop him in two. I smashed down on him with the shovel but he was still wriggling to get free so Darren crushed his head and thus Slinky's young life was snuffed out.

I apologize to all the tree-hugging, snake-loving, animal rights activists out there for the demise of Slinky but hey, whenever Slinky decided to come into the house as far as I'm concerned all bets were off. At that point it became "survival of the fittest" and not "live and let live."

Jacob is concerned that Slinky had babies in the basement but I told him I thought Slinky looked like a boy. At least I hope he was a boy and that he didn't invite any buddies over. I'm also hoping he came in through the basement door since I've had it open quite a bit lately and not through some other hidden hole that I know nothing about.
In any event, for now I'm sure a lot more comfortable in the basement!

1 comment:

Jen said...

That's one of the best pictures I've ever seen. You know, the only good snake is a dead snake!!
Let Jacob know I think he looked like a boy too!
p.s. Hillary Underwood is at McWhorter this week for revival.