Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Busy Weekend

We travelled to Jacksonburg, Indiana yesterday for Dave Fagan's funeral. We almost got lost (Mapquest's directions were inaccurate) but we made it about 15 minutes before the funeral started. The church was packed as we expected it would be. It is just so hard to believe that Dave is gone. He was only 56 years old but he had accomplished more in those 56 years than most people do in a lifetime. It was just a really sad, emotional day.

On the lighter side, right in the middle of the funeral while Willie Martin was preaching, Noah, who was sitting on my lap, looked up at me and said, "I peed on you, Mommy." and he did sure enough. He was wet all the way down into his shoes and I had a huge wet spot on my thigh so we had to get up and leave the funeral to go to the bathroom for a change. I brought a change of clothes for him but never thought I would need one for myself so I just had to suffer through with the wet spot.

Today Darren, Jacob, Noah and I went to the Christian Olympics at Sugarloaf Christian Camp. There was a good crowd there and everyone had a good time. Jacob got several bronze and silver medals and won the sportsmanship award for his age group. Noah won a silver medal in the frizbee toss. He was in first place until the very last kid and got beat out by him. He was still excited and was so cute standing up on the podium grinning and collecting his spoils of victory.

Jarrod didn't go with us to the olympics because he had his first Cross Country meet today up around Ashland. His team finished second and individually he finished 18th out of 75 so that wasn't too shabby for his first time.

Of course, as a mom, I'm proud of all three of my boys!

No comments: