Monday, July 16, 2007

Moving Day

I spent the morning and early afternoon helping our friends, Chris and Jen Jones, pack up the rest of their house. Wow! We flew around getting things boxed and loaded and/or stored in the attic for later so that the new renters/owners could move in right behind them. We really accomplished quite a lot in a short period of time.

It was a bittersweet day. I was glad to be able to help but at the same time I will miss Jen a lot. She went out of her way to make me feel included when we first arrived at New Life. She made the transistion so much easier for me and I am so grateful to her for that. There are some things about life in the ministry that only another preacher's wife can understand and relate to. I know we'll keep in touch but it won't be the same as having her just a few miles up the road. I'll miss you, Jen, and I love ya'!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Do you even understand how amazing you are?? You packed and rearranged my house like the supper nanny of housework. I too thought of how this was really the end. But I was so busy and so consumed with what was going on (and still am) than I've not even had time to break down. I guess that's a good thing. I love you much also and appreciate all you've done for me and my family. HUGS!!!