Monday, January 7, 2008

Getting Back to Normal

Well, today should be the start of the return to normalcy around here. The kids are back to school after an extended Christmas break and their normal after-school activities resume; I'm back to my four day work week and Noah is back to his normal routine at the babysitter's. It will be nice to have only the regular things to deal with for a while.

I've heard a lot of parents express how ready they were for their kids to return to school. I can't say the same. I was working so I didn't have to listen to all the fussing and arguing and I kept them busy doing laundry and cleaning house so that was good. It's nice coming home to a relatively clean (or at least tidy) house with no piles of laundry to face every evening. I'm hoping I can keep all of my little helpers on track.

Of course, tax season is getting ready to start and we're getting closer to our departure date for our mission trip to Mexico so things won't get too boring or mundane. There's always plenty to do even when things are "normal."

No comments: