Friday, October 19, 2007

My Baby Is Three!

I can hardly believe it, but it's true. Noah turned three on Tuesday. It seems like only yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital. sigh...

We partied with family on Saturday afternoon and he got lots of Thomas the Tank toys which have kept him very busy. I wish you all could hear him say "Thomas the Tank Engine." It's so cute!

It's hard to believe how much he has changed in the last year. He's gotten taller, talks ALL the time and says some of the cutest things but some things haven't changed. He's still a BIG mommy's boy and he is still showing absolutely NO INTEREST in potty training. I think this kid will be in diapers when he is 30. I've told him that it will look better on his resume if he can say that he is potty trained but he just doesn't seem to be heeding my advice. My nephew, Eli, who is 7 weeks older than Noah and has been potty trained for a LONG time even took him to the bathroom with him and said, "I'll show you how." but that didn't work either. He just doesn't care. Oh well, I guess he'll do it when he's ready. I just hope it's sometime before I have to start buying diapers for myself. Call me selfish, but I would just like to enjoy a "diaper-free lifestyle" for a little while!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh, I totally missed it. I was thinking November. Tell him Isaiah said "Happy Birthday!"
This also means you'll be celebrating another year at New Life soon!!