Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The BIG 4-0

Well, it's official. As of Sunday, October 21st I have joined the ranks of 40-somethings all over the world. It's funny, though. I know it's a major milestone but I just don't feel 40 and maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I don't think I look or act 40 either. I guess it could be the fact that nearly all of my girlfriends are much younger. I'm counting on all you girls to keep me young and fresh!

Thankfully it was an uneventful day. The worst that happened was Danny having the whole church sing "Happy Birthday" to me. At least he didn't announce my age. Of course, Jennie Paige couldn't let the opportunity pass and let out at nice, loud "Lordy, lordy look who's forty." Thanks, JP.

While I may be 40 according to my birth certificate I'm sticking to this premise: "Age is a state of mind. 40 is only a number."

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday!! I wish I could have been there!! I would have come to the house and sat with you.... as you cried! Kidding.
I agree, you don't look or ACT 40!
Maybe it's the Mary Kay or maybe it's the fact you have a THREE year old!