Saturday, June 23, 2007

I'm still here....

Okay, so I managed to make one post and then disappeared. I know what you're thinking..."What's up with that?" But, I've got a good excuse. I, along with the rest of my family, just spent an entire week at Sugarloaf Christian Camp with a group of 61 seventh and eighth graders! We had a good week all in all. The campers were very well behaved and the staff was (for the most part) responsible and hard working. James, our new youth minister (and old friend), was the camp dean for the week. He did a great job and the kids loved him. We had four baptisms over the course of the week. Praise God! It's amazing to me that God allowed me to witness the birth of four new creations this week. God is so good!

Anyway, we got back from camp at about 1:30 yesterday afternoon, unloaded the vehicles (which translated means we took everything out of the cars and threw it in the middle of the dining room floor), and crashed for a couple of hours before joining our church team at Relay for Life last night at 6 p.m. We didn't make it the whole night this year. After a week of church camp, our hearts just weren't in it so we packed it all up and came home at about 2 a.m.

Needless to say I'm not worth much today. I tried to sleep in but Noah, my 2 year old, kept coming to stand by the side of my bed and saying, "It's time to wake up, Mom." So now I'm trying to talk myself into starting on the daunting pile of laundry that was created by 5 people during 6 days of camp! My goal for today is to finish the laundry for Jacob, my 8 year old, since he is heading back to camp tomorrow and for some reason is insisting that he doesn't want to go naked all week. LOL! Hopefully life (and my wreck of a house) will get back to normal next week...if there really is such a thing!

1 comment:

Jen said...

4 baptisims is great! Praise to Jehovah!!
Glad you made it through the week.
I'm so looking forward to your blogs b/c you're so darn funny!!