Monday, June 25, 2007

The Blahs & Yucks

Today has just been the most incredibly nasty day. I went to bed last night with the intention of having a mega house cleaning party today. But oh how things change. Darren has been sick since we came back from camp complaining of sore throat and fever. Now, like most men, he is the absolute biggest baby when it comes to being sick. He's done nothing but whine since Friday night. The other thing he does is...SNORE! Not just a little cute breathy kind of snore but a raise the roof, bring the house down, curl your toes kinds of snore! So, I got almost no sleep last night and was just dragging when I got up this morning. Still, after a late start, I was planning on enlisting Jarrod's help to do some major house cleaning. I started cleaning in the dining room (where the vehicle threw up all the camp supplies) and sent Jarrod outside to pick up the garbage that the neighbors dogs scattered all over the yard (aaarrrggghhh!). Everything was going well until Jarrod came back in and announced that he didn't feel well. He then proceeded to start yacking and has been doing so all day. I finished cleaning the dining room up and put everything from camp away, took out the trash and got the dishwasher loaded and then I just threw up my hands and gave in to the temptation to lay around on a nasty, rainy, dreary day. Now I am really upset with myself for not getting anything more done but it just didn't seem fair that Darren and Jarrod were both going to spend the day lying around while I worked. Oh well, there's always tomorrow....when I have to get up at 5 a.m. because I'm babysitting for the Hamilton girls....oh yeah, there will be a lot of cleaning going down tomorrow. NOT!

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a pukey day! And why do you get to babysit tomorrow?
Hope everyone is back to health soon in order to clean, clean, clean!