Wednesday, October 1, 2008

So that's where it comes from!

Noah has just been full of it lately. He has said and done some of the funniest things. I have to share his latest but first I must post a warning (fine print) for the squeamish:

WARNING: This post contains references to bodily functions. If the thought of this brings on waves of nausea and/or fainting spells, please click away from this blog. The writer is not responsible for injuries/illness sustained by those who choose to read on.

Okay, here we go. Night before last after putting Noah to bed he got up wanting a drink of water. He came into the kitchen and got a big glass and filled it completely full. Seeing this, and thinking about the ramifications, I quickly took the glass from him and said, "Oh no. You're not drinking all that. You'll pee the bed for sure if you do." He looked at me for a minute with a puzzled look on his face and then he said, "You mean that water makes pee in me?" I said, "Yes. When you drink something it turns into pee later." He studied for a little while longer and then he said, "Well then, what does poop do?" Trying to keep a straight face, I said, "The food you eat turns into poop." He nodded his head, grabbed the glass and took a drink, handed it back to me and headed back to bed. Halfway across the room, he turned back around and just as serious as could be, he said, "I did not know that." and then trotted off to bed. He sounded so serious and grown up that I couldn't help from laughing. You could almost see the wheels turning in his little head and see him putting it all together.

He certainly is a cracker jack.

No comments: