Thursday, May 15, 2008

Twenty Years and Counting

Darren and I celebrated our twenty year anniversary this week. Well, I'm not exactly sure that "celebrated" is the right word. We had Financial Peace University at church and went to Dairy Queen for ice cream afterwards. After we ate the ice cream (and ditched the evidence so the kids wouldn't find out) we went home and watched tv for a while and then I went to bed while Darren played with his cell phone. Very exciting stuff!

We're hoping to be able to go out this weekend but it's not looking real promising. Jarrod has 8th Grade Party on Friday night and then my nephew's 1st birthday party is Saturday. Oh well, what's twenty years anyway.

I can't believe that we've been married 20 years. We are now older than my parents were when we started dating. Yikes! They just seemed so much older at the time. It has been a good 20 years. Of course we've had our share of ups and downs just like everybody else but I love him more today than the day we were married and I wouldn't change a thing about our lives together. There's no one else I'd rather spend the rest of my life with. Happy 20th Anniversary, Darren. I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I almost cried! Not really, but 20 years is alot. Its a milestone. Happy Anniversary!
Love Sarah