Monday, August 20, 2007

A Helping Hand

Sorry I haven't been updating much lately. I spent all week last week and today helping Mary Butcher clean out rooms in the country store they own where they will be living while they rebuild their house. Noah and Karlee have had a blast playing and fighting together. What one of them doesn't think of the other one does.

The work has been hard but rewarding. One of the nice things about being a stay-at-home mom is that I have the freedom to do what I want to do when I want to do it. I love it that I am available to do things for people without the restraints that go along with a job.

It has been heartwarming to see how our church family and community have supported this family. They've been given clothing, furniture, household goods and cash by people they know and total strangers. Last Friday while we were cleaning these two ladies we'd never seen before came in the store wanting sandwiches for lunch. Mary explained to them that the store was actually closed because they had lost their house in a fire and were converting the store to living quarters. Both ladies expressed their sympathy, wished Mary well and left the store. A few minutes later one of them came back in asking for Mary. When Mary came into the room she said, "We're from Lexington and we're out driving around today. I don't have much money with me but what I do have I want to give to you and your family. Try not to worry. God will provide what you need." Wow! I got goosebumps all over. It is awesome to watch God at work caring for his children!

1 comment:

Jen said...

These are the same reasons I love staying at home as well! Stay-Home moms ROCK!!!