Thursday, January 8, 2009

Flying Solo


Every night when I put Noah into bed, I say his bedtime prayers during which time he pays varying degrees of attention. His attentivness ranges anywhere from perfect stillness (rarely) to jumping up and down in the bed (more often than not). In any event, I say his prayers give him a hug and a kiss, say "I love you", he kisses my hand (don't ask me why) and it's off to dreamland. This is the routine we've had for quite sometime. But things changed Tuesday night. He decided out of the blue to fly solo. He was standing in the bed quietly while I said prayers and when I finished he said, "Now it's my turn to say prayers." I replied "Okay" and this was the sweet, simple prayer of my 4 year old son:


Thank you for Jesus

Thank you for Nana

Thank you for Mommy

Thank you for Daddy

I love you, Jesus.

Amen


It brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad that he is already realizing the importance of Christ in his young life. It is so encouraging to see the things that are so meaningful to me mirrored in my kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a happy day for him when he gave us our new lives, through the truth of his Word, and we became, as it were, the first children in his new family. JAMES 1:18 LB