Friday, December 12, 2008

Our Example

Lately at New Life we've been heavily involved in a big push toward evangelism. We started several months ago going through a Bible study called First Principles and we currently have 3 groups meeting and 1 more beginning in January. Darren and I are involved in one of the groups on Tuesday nights. Jarrod always stays home and keeps Jacob and Noah while we go to the study. I didn't know it but apparently Noah is very aware of where we are and what we are doing on Tuesday evenings.

Yesterday was my day off and Noah and I went to church to pick Darren up and go to lunch at his mother's house. Before we left the house, Noah told me to wait and ran back into his room to get his "My First Bible." He told me he needed to take his Bible because he was going to have a Bible study. I asked him who he was going to have a Bible study with and he said, "Daddy." I said, "Oh, so Daddy is going to teach you about the Bible?" He said, "No. I'm going to teach Daddy." I started laughing and said, "So you think you know more than Daddy?" He said, "Yes." So I said, "Tell me everything you know about the Bible." He looked at me and said, "Jesus is Lord!"

I guess that pretty much sums it up, huh? It's amazing what little ones pick up on. What a wonderful reminder to be mindful of the example we are setting for the little eyes and ears that watch and listen so closely to our lives.

No comments: