Friday, December 14, 2007

I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas??

What is up with this weather? Has the old addage changed to "December showers bring January flowers" or what? Our yard is literally a swamp. And it looks as though there's more of the way for this weekend. Frankly, I would rather have the snow!

We have lots of festivities planned this weekend. We're kicking off tonight with a Silent Auction at the Simons Middle School cafeteria to raise money for our Mexico mission trip. We have lots of cool items for bid so be sure to come check it out. Then tomorrow morning it's off to Morehead for a Bible Bowl bake sale at Wal-Mart. And boy it sounds like the weather is just going to be nasty! But we're not finished yet. Our Live Nativity is tomorrow night and Sunday night from 6:00-9:00 p.m. We're also having soup and sandwiches in the fellowship hall and our Christmas skit, "One True Gift" will go on in the auditorium with showtimes at 6:30, 7:30 and 8:30. We've worked really hard getting ready so I hope the weather doesn't spoil it. Please say a little prayer!

Hopefully after this weekend things will calm down and I'll have time to breathe and enjoy Christmas a little. We've been at a dead run since before Thanksgiving and it's beginning to wear on me. After all, I'm not a young woman anymore. With everything going on I just haven't been able to get in the Christmas spirit. I did get my tree up but I didn't decorate one thing outside or anywhere else in the house. I haven't even got the stockings hung yet! And let's not even talk about the shopping. I have no idea when I'll get that finished. I'm beginning to undertand how old Ebenezer Scrooge felt!

No comments: