Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I'm still here...

I guess when someone wants to know if you're still alive that's a good sign you haven't been keeping up your blog like you should, huh?

Yes, I'm still alive and well here in Flemingsburg. Just incredibly busy. I'm trying to work 4 days a week, do Bible Bowl practice two days a week, take care of 3 kids and a husband, and slip in other church activities whenever I can. You will notice that nowhere on the list of things I'm doing have I mentioned taking care of my house and doing laundry. Sadly, both of those things have been sorely neglected. My house would be condemned if the health department happened to stop by and the laundry is piled so high that we can't even find the washer and dryer in the laundry room. On top of all this I've had two sick kids this week. Noah has had the runs since Saturday to the tune of like 12-14 soiled diapers a day. His little behind is so raw that he walks as if he's been on a cross-country horseback ride. Jarrod has been sick to his stomach and running a fever for three days now. Jacob has been lucky enough to avoid it so far but I fully expect he'll be sick tomorrow when we're supposed to go to Darren's mothers for Thanksgiving.

I've been home from work for three days this week with anywhere from two to three kids so I'm starting to get a little stir crazy. Darren has artfully managed to avoid the house altogether except to sleep. He insists that it's pure coincidence but I'm not buying it.

Today all three kids are home since school is out and I have convinced Jarrod that even sick people can fold laundry. So we've been making a concerted effort to clean up our little pig sty. It would now be okay for the health department to visit two rooms of my house.....as long as they didn't go any further than the kitchen!

No comments: